If Google Now doesn’t get your voice commands right, you can correct it by saying “No, I said…” and trying the phrase again.
General information of voice commands
- What the [yahoo] stock price? What is [fruit] trading at?
- What’s [160 metere] in [Kilomiles]? What is [400 ounces] in [mililiters/liters]?
- What’s  divided by [8.2]? (A great many types of math equations will work.)
- Search [google] for [katrina pictures] (more apps are added to this search-within-apps function all the time)
- How old is [Neil deGrasse Tyson]?
- Where was [Louis C.K.] born?
- Define [colloquial] (Or “What does [colloquial] mean?”)
- What time is it in [Tokyo]?
- Search for [photography tips]
- Show me pictures of [the Leaning Tower of Pisa]
- Do I need an umbrella today? What’s the weather like? What’s the weather in [New Orleans] [this weekend]?
- Open [greenbot.com]
- Take a picture (“Take a photo” also works)
- Record a video
- Open [Spotify]
- Turn [on / off] [Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Flashlight]
- What’s the tip for [123 dollars]?
- Set an alarm for [6:30 am]
- Set a timer for [20 minutes]
- Create a calendar event: [Dinner with Glenda, Saturday at 9pm.]
- Remind me to [buy coffee at 7am] (try locations! Remind me to [buy coffee filters at Walgreens])
- What is my schedule for tomorrow? (also: What does my day look like [Friday]?)
- Where’s my package? (tracking confirmation must be in Gmail)
- Make a note: [update my router firmware] (also try “Note to self:” This works with multiple apps, and you can even email yourself!)
- Find [Florence Ion’s] [phone number] (Works with all info in your contacts – addresses, birthdays, etc.)
- Show me my bills. (or: My bills due this week.)Communication
- Show me my last messages. (Then follow voice prompts)
- Call [Jon] (also works with relationships: Call [sister])
- Call [Cartman] on speakerphone
- Text [Susie] [great job on that feature yesterday] (also works with relationships: Text [mom] [I’m not going to be able to pick you up from the airport, period, I’m a bad son, period])
- Send email to [Robert Baratheon], subject, [hunting], message, [I don’t think you should drink so much when you go hunting, period]
- Post to [Twitter]: [Oh my god the Red Wedding episode!]
- What is French for [I am Charlie]?
- [Send a Hangout message] to [Dad].
- Send a [Viber] message to [Derek]: Hang on, I’m going to get more coffee. (works with WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat, Telegram, and NextPlus)
Navigation and Travel
- Where is the nearest [sushi restauraunt]?
- Navigate to [Willis Tower, Chicago]
- Directions to [Fisherman’s Wharf] by [bike] (also try “Directions home” or “How do I get home?”)
- Where is [the Louvre]?
- Show me the menu for [Green Chile Kitchen]
- Call [Asian Art Museum]
- Show me my flight info
- Where’s my hotel?
- What are some attractions around here?
- How do you say [good night] in [Japanese]?
- What is [50,000 yen] in [dollars]?
- What’s the flight status of [United] flight ?
- Show me restauraunts near my hotel -or-Give me directions back to my hotel (this works if your hotel confirmation was sent to your gmail account)
- Play some music (opens “I’m feeling lucky” radio station in Google Play Music)
- Next Song / Pause Song
- Play [Happy] (songs must be in Google Play Music on your device)
- Watch [The Lego Movie] (movies and TV must be in your Google Play account)
- What’s this song?
- Listen to TV
- What songs does [Pharrell] sing?
- Read [Hunger Games]
- Did the [Giants] win today? What’s the score in the [Warriors] game?
- What movies are playing [tonight]? Where is [Toy Story] playing?
- Say a team name to get the latest score during the season.
- When is the next [Warriors] game?
- Where are the [Giants] in the [MLB] standings?
- Who does [LeBron James] play for?
- Who won [the Superbowl]?
- When is the [Stanley Cup final]?
Fun hidden stuff
Many of these deliver funny voice responses, but normal search results. Turn up your sound!
- Flip a coin
- Roll dice (rolls a single six-sided die)
- What is the loneliest number?
- Do a barrel roll!
- Askew / Tilt
- Go go Gadget [Spotify]
- When am I?
- Make me a sandwich
- Sudo make me a sandwich
- Who’s on first?
- Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right
- Tell me a joke
- Who are you?
- Beam me up, Scotty!
- What is [Jennifer Lawrence’s] Bacon number?
- Open [app name]. Example: “Open Gmail.”
- Go to [website]. Ex.: “Go to CNET.com.”
- Call [contact name]. Ex.: “Call Mom.”
- Text or Send text to [contact name]. Ex.: “Text Wife I’m running late.”
- Email or Send email. Ex.: “Email Wife subject Hi message I’m running late, sorry.” You can also add CC and BCC recipients.
- Show me my last messages. This will present a list of recent messages, and read them to you, giving you a chance to reply.
- Create a calendar event or Schedule an appointment. Ex.: “Create appointment Go on a walk tomorrow at 10 a.m.”
- Set an alarm for [specific time, or amount of time]. Ex.: “Set alarm for 10 a.m.” Or “Set alarm for 20 minutes from now.”
- Set a timer for [X] minutes.
- Note to self [contents of note].
- Start a list for [list name].
- Send Hangout message to [contact name].
- Remind me to [do a task]. Ex.: “Remind me to get dog food at Target,” will create a location-based reminder. “Remind me to take out the trash tomorrow morning,” will give you a time-based reminder.
- Show me my pictures from [location]. Ex.: “Show me my pictures from San Francisco.”
- Show me my calendar.
- When’s my next meeting?
- Where is my next meeting?
- Post to Twitter.
- Post to Google+
- Show me [app category] apps. Ex.: “Show me gaming apps.”
- Start a run.
- Show me emails from [contact name].
- Basic search queries. Ex.: “Mountain bikes.”
- When is [special event]. Ex.: “When is the next eclipse?” or “When is Easter in 2018?”
- Define [word].
- Synonyms for [word].
- Etymology of [word].
- What is [phrase]? Ex.: “What is YOLO?”
- What’s the phone number of [business name]?
- What’s the weather like? Alternative phrases such as “Do I need an umbrella?” or “Is it going to be hot tomorrow?” will return weather forecasts.
- What’s the stock price of [company name or stock ticker]?
- Math calculations. Ex.: “What is 2.65 percent of 2,045?”
- Who is [person’s name]?
- Who is [person’s name] [mom/sister/dad]?
- Who wrote [book title]?
- Who invented [item]?
- How old is [person’s name]?
- How do I [task]? Ex.: “How do I make an Old Fashioned cocktail?” or “How do I fix a hole in my wall?”
- How tall is [person, landmark, building]?
- Show me pictures of [object or person]. Ex.: “What does Mount Everest look like?” or “Show me pictures of kittens.”
- What sound does [animal] make?
- Take me home.
- Take me to work.
- What’s the traffic like on the way to work?
- Map of [city or specific location in a city]. Ex.: “Map of Golden Gate Park in San Francisco.”
- Where is [business name or location]?
- Directions or Navigate to [address, name, business name, type of business, or other destination].
- How do I get to [destination] by [walking, bike, bus, train, etc.]?
- How far is [address, city, or other location]?
- Where is the nearest [business type? Ex.: “Where is the nearest fast-food restaurant?” or “Nearby gas stations.”
- Show me nearby attractions.
- Sports updates. Ex.: “Who are the Broncos playing next?” or “Did the Nuggets win last night?”
- Sports scores.
- Naming a sports team or athlete will bring up general information about the team or person. Ex.: “Steph Curry” or “LA Kings”
- Show me the trailer for [movie title].
- Play me a video of [random idea]. Ex.: “Show me a video of someone opening a can without a can opener.”
- Find out what song is playing. What is this song? or Who is this?
- Listen to [type of music, playlist, song, artist, album]. Ex.: “Listen to workout playlist.”
- Movie showtimes. What’s playing? or Movies nearby.
- If a song is playing, ask questions about the artist. For instance, “Where is she from?” (Android 6.0 Marshmallow)
- Play [X song] by [X artist] on Spotify.
Random tips and tricks
- Show me gift ideas for [holiday, special occasion].
- Give me a love quote.
- What does the fox say?
- Say “Metronome” to start a metronome.
- Ask for medical information. Ex: “What is a torn meniscus?”
- How many calories are in [insert food item]?
- When will my package arrive? (This assumes a tracking number is found in your Gmail account.)
- Do a barrel roll.
- Roll a die.
- Flip a coin.
- Play Pacman.
- What’s the loneliest number?
- Make me a sandwich.
- Beam me up, Scotty.
- What is your favorite color?
Control phone and adjust settings
- Take a selfie.
- Take a picture.
- Turn on my flashlight.
- Turn on/off [Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC].
- Find my phone. (You can do this on a computer using Chrome to find and play a sound on your lost phone.)
- Increase/decrease brightness.
- Increase/decrease volume.
- Set volume to [number].
- Mute the volume.
- Translate [phrase or word] to [language]. Ex.: “Translate ‘where is the bathroom?’ to German.”
- Show me [honeymoon, California, France, etc.] destinations.
- Looking for [food type, restaurant name].
- When viewing details for a restaurant, you can say “Show me the menu” to bring up a menu.
- What time is it in [city]?
- Currency conversion. Ex.: “How much is 100 Euros worth in dollars?”
- Is my flight on time? (Assuming your flight information is in your Gmail account.)
- Show me my flight info. (Again, assuming your flight information is in your Gmail account.)
- What does flight [airline and flight number] land/take off?
- How late is [business name] open?
- What time does [business name] open?
- Is [business name] open right now?
- To learn more about your surroundings, you can ask things like “What is the name of this place?” or “Show me movies at this place” or “Who built this bridge?”
“Send a [WhatsApp] message to [Scott Adam Gordon]” (you’ll also have to say “Yes” to send the transcribed message)
This same voice commands works with WhatsApp, WeChat, Telegram, Hangouts, Viber and NextPlus and there is a variety of possible formats:
“Send a [Telegram] message to [Paul]”
“Send a [WhatsApp] to [Chris]”
“Send a message with [NextPlus]”
“Send a message to [Mom] with [Viber]”
“Search for [document name] in Drive”
“Set the temperature to [X] degrees” (only works with Nest)
“Show me [Steve Jobs] on Flixster”
“Listen to NPR”
“Shazam this song”
“Open TuneIn in car mode”
“Show attractions near me in TripAdvisor”
“Show Instacart availability”
“Activate home mode in Wink”
“Scan my receipt in Walmart”
General voice commands
“Search for [chicken recipes]?”
“Say [where is the supermarket] in [Spanish]?”
“What is [Schrodinger’s cat]?”
“Who invented [the internet]?”
“What is the meaning of [life]?”
“What’s the definition of [ostracize]?”
“Who is married to [Ben Affleck]?”
“Stock price of [Apple]”
“What is [Apple] trading at?”
“Author of [Game of Thrones]” / “Who wrote [Lolita]?”
“How old is [Michael Jordan]?”
“Where was [James Dean] born?”
“Who is [Bob Dylan]’s [father]?”
“Show me pictures of [the Sistine Chapel]”
“Post to Google+ [feeling great]”
“Post to Twitter [feeling lame]”
“Search [Tumblr] for [funny cat photos]”
“What is [German] for [what time do you finish work]?”
These voice commands rely on you having relevant emails stored in your connected Gmail account.
“Show me my bills”
“Where is my package”
“Where is my hotel”
“Show me restaurants near my hotel”
Applications and device controls
“Take a [photo / picture / selfie]”
“Record a video”
“[Increase / Decrease] brightness”
“Turn [on / off] [Wi-Fi / Bluetooth / flashlight]”
“[Increase / Decrease] volume”
“Set the volume to [number]”
“Set the volume to full”
“Mute the volume”
“Take a selfie” is a good voice commands for launching the front-facing camera. / © AndroidPIT
Notes, reminders & calendar
“Remind me to [buy milk] at [5 PM]”
“Add [eggs] to my [shopping / ideas …] list”
“Add a reminder”
“Remind me to buy [coffee / milk] at [Walmart]”
“Remind me to [empty the bins / clean my bedroom] every [Monday]”
“Remind me [when I get / next time I’m at] [home / work / other location] [to send an email to John]”
“Wake me up in [5 hours]”
“Wake me up at [07:30 AM] [everyday]”
“Note to self: [I parked my car in section D]”
“Make a note to [insert note here. You can also add a specific app name]”
“Set alarm for [8 PM]”
“Set an alarm in  minutes”
“Set a repeating alarm for [10:30 AM]”
“Set an alarm for [11:45 PM] [labeled / with label] [empty dishwasher]”
“Set a repeating alarm at [12:00 PM] for [Monday]”
“Show me my alarms”
“When is my next alarm?”
“Set a timer for [40 minutes]”
“Create a calendar event: [Party with Friends] [Sunday at 9 PM]”
“When’s my [next meeting]?”
“What is my schedule for [tomorrow]?”
Time and date
“What time is it in [Tokyo]?”
“When is the sunset [in Chicago (optional)]”
“What is the time zone of [Berlin]”
“Time at home”
“Create a calendar event: [Dinner in New York] [Saturday at 8 PM]”
“Call [Daniel]” “Call [Daniel] on speaker phone”
“Call [the African Art Museum]”
“Call [mom, dad, brother, sister]”
“Send [email] to Daniel, [Subject: Meeting], [Message: Will be there in 5]”
“Send [SMS] to [Philip mobile], [don’t forget to buy milk]”
“Find [Mary’s] [phone number / email / address]”
“Listen to voicemail”
“When is [Mary’s] birthday?”
“Do I need an umbrella today?”
“What’s the weather like?”
“Is it going to rain [tomorrow / Monday]”
“What’s the weather in [Boston]?”
“How’s the weather in [Portland] on [Wednesday] going to be?”
Maps & navigation
“Map of [Flagstaff]”
“Where’s my hotel?”
“Where is the [Golden Gate Bridge]?”
“Find the “Golden Gate Bridge”
“Show me the nearby [restaurant] on map”
“Navigate to [Munich] on car”
“How far is [Berlin] from [Munich]?”
“Directions to [address / business name / other destination]”
“What are some attractions in [Florence]”
“Show me the menu for [Las Iguanas]”
- Conversions and calculations“What is the tip for  dollars?”
“Convert [currency / length …] to [currency / length …]”
“What’s [measurement / currency …] in [measurement / currency …]?”
“How much is  [times / plus / etc] ?”
“What is  percent of ?”
“Square root of ”
“[arithmetic expression] equals”Sports“How are [the New York Yankees] doing?”
“When is the next [Los Angeles Lakers] game?”
“Show me the [Premier League] table”
“Did [Bayern Munich] win their last game?”
- Flight information“Flight [AA 125]?”
“Flight status of [AA 125]”
“Has [LH 210] landed?”
“When will [AA 120] [land / depart]?”
“Show me my flights”Web browsing“Go to [Huffington Post]”
“Show me [androidpit.com]”
“Browse to [reddit.com]”Entertainment
“Listen to / play [Intro] by [The XX]?”
“YouTube [fail compilation]?”
“Best movies of ”
“Best [drama / comedy / action …] movies”
“[Action / Horror / Thriller …] movies of ”
“Osacr winners of ”
“What are the best [Daniel Day Lewis] movies?”
“Who acted in [Ocean’s 11]?”
“Who is the producer of [Titanic]?”
“When was [Alien] released?”
“Run time of [Unbreakable]”
“Listen to TV”
“What’s this song?”
“What songs does [Madonna] sing?”
“Play some music”
“Watch [Finding Nemo]”
“What movies are playing [tonight]?”
“Where is [Transformers] playing?”
- “Fun” voice commands“Do a barrel roll”
“What’s the loneliest number?”
“Make me a sandwich!”
“When am I?”
“Okay Jarvis, …” (Instead of ”Ok Google, …”)
“Who are you?”
“How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.”
“Beam me up, Scotty!”
“Tell me a joke”
“Askew” or “Tilt”
“What is your favourite colour?”
“What is the nature of the universe?”
“How can entropy be reversed?”
“Lions, tigers and bears…”
“Who’s on first?”
“What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?”
“Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right”
“Tea, earl grey, hot”
“What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?”
“What is the best smartphone?”
“Tell me about yourself”
“Go go gadget [app name]”
“Flip a coin”
“Roll a dice”
“What is [James Earl Jones]’s bacon number?”
“What does the fox say?”
“When does the narwhal bacon?”